Saturday 15 May 2010

Week Post

Hey all,
There is no upgrades happened in PaceMaker Flash version as I didnt work on it this week instead I saw IronMan II movie and KickAss Movie.

KickAss is awesome movie reall amazing :) about IronMan I dlove it, it is funny and awesome :) you should really see both espicially KickAss :)

I am working these days on my Graduation Project Game (Hello World!)
Tomy (Game Artist) is now working on the base character :) hoping to finish it soon so I can show you some of his work :)
And I and my team are making unit testing on first prototype of the game itself.

This week I will talk about lots of news :) Lets start:
First peice of news the results of YoYoGames Compo 5
Where Jesse Venbrux (2DCube) won the first prize with his game They need to be fed here is a screenshot


Second Place winner is Ninjammin beat jitsu it is nice game you should try it :)


The third place winner is Nimbus Sky Princess where it is a platform shooter with very amazing graphics :)


There are other runner up you should try:
switch
Ninja Penguin
Blue
Plob
Cookie Dreamin Pogostix
Eye Attack2
Attack of the Ooze
Pixelry 1
Flash Five
Awesome Getaway
I Gun Zombies
Zoo Escape 3D

Lots of people hates the YoYoGames results as lots of amazing games doesnt appear even in the runners up example Cowboykilla

Due the Huge hits of 5th Compo the 6th Compo runs by time and it will end at 31 August 2010


The theme is Discovery and here is the rules of the compo:
1. GameMaker 7 or 8 only
2. Fixed screen size 480×272… no bigger… no smaller
3. Game must start in a window, though a full screen option is allowed (menu/option item only, no key shortcuts) – full screen size is limited to 480×272
4. Final EXE must be no bigger than 8Mb
5. EXE only no ZIP files
6. No DLL’s or other extension packages can be used.
7. No installation packages
8.No use of the registry
9. Game controls that can be used are UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT – for movement, SPACE, Z, X, C – as action keys and P for Pause.
10. All games must be tagged with Competition06, anything tagges incorrectly will not be considered.
11. 2D or 3D can be used but it must be standard Game Maker features, remember no extensions.
12. Contest finishes August 31st 2010 at Midnight GMT


Third stuff VertigoGaming is running a compo to win a copy of Spirits of Metropolis (amazing game I myself buy a copy and finish it, So Amazing :))
The compo is easy just post your favorite cake on this blog entry and Mr.Chubigan will choose some one randomly from the list :)


Another compo is running to win three awesome games (Crayon Physics Deluxe, Gratuitous Space Battles, Puzzle Bots) here check the link of the compo

Also a friend of mine called Ahmed Saker has made a talk about game development here in Egypt and encourage people to start game development :) and here is the Power Point slide show


Last thing here are some pixel art and mouse painting art I made, The first one is a creature I invented in my brain and make a pixel art for it, The second one is an appology picture I drew with MS paint brush for a friend of mine (The are two version check them and tell me which one is better)




That all for now keep waiting for more news next week :) I had to go now becz I am busy :)

ByeBye

No comments:

Post a Comment