Sunday 4 April 2010

Thats was long long time

Hi All Followers,
I know that it was long time since my last appear here on the blog but I was too busy and still too busy but I decided to make a very quick post for all my followers and friends who still check my blog.

I was saying that I am going to participate in YoYoGames 5th Competition with my game NightGuard I started working on it till I make a very descent engine but afterwards I stopped alittle due to my military training but when I finish the training, me and graduation project team where having a presentation that must be finished in two weeks maximum so we were working so hard these days and I didnt study anything during these days till we made a very descent presentation where lots of people love and we get good marks.

After the presentation we had very tight time before the midterm exams so we had to work hard everyday then by time we stopped for midterm exams because none of us study anything and if we didn't study well for it, Bad things will happen :D So due to all that I missed the YoYoGames 5th competition, so I stopped working on NightGuard but may be one day I will return back to it and finish it.

First lets talk alittle about what I have done in past days:

First about NightGuard:

As I said I made the engine and it works fine (its made by GameMaker 8 Lite version) and made some tiles and graphic asset but I didn't like the tiles alot I wish I had time to change it.

Here are some screen shots for the game:


Second My Graduation Project (Formally called Hello World!):

First of all I have said before that my graduation project by time is an Online Multiplayer Arena game (client server game). We still working on first prototype where you can move and attack (melee attack only).

Since due to very small time remaining an amazing artist (Hassan) decided to join to help us with the graphic assets. He didn't do isometric before but I know he will be amazing :) you can check his drawings here.

I knew hassan from a friend of mine called Ahmed Saker (well known on TIGSource Forum) as they are working on collab project called Fares you can check it.

The game will be a new type of gaming that never been made before (So stay tuned). Till the beta release here are some pictures for flyers and small intro made for by the flash for the powerpoint enterance (which we made at our presentation day):


The flash entrance of my presentation (click on the flash to view the animation)

Last thing is the News :) that I was late to post but they are amazing :)

First Flash Gamming Summit:

First this video will show the nominies for the award show:


Then now the winners are:


Second Peice of News is about IGF:

Here is a video showing the award show:



And the winners are:


Third peice of News is About GDC:

First sony made a great and amazing show there you can check the video below:



Although the Sony press conference was epic the Award show was much more amazing check it:





And the Winner in the Choice Awards are:

  • Game of the Year: Uncharted 2
  • Best Game Design: Batman - Arkham Asylum
  • Best Writing: Uncharted 2
  • Best Debut Game: Torchlight
  • Best Technology: Uncharted 2
  • Best Handheld Game: Scribblenauts
  • Best Visual Arts: Uncharted 2
  • Innovation Award: Scribblenauts
  • Best Audio: Uncharted 2
  • Best Downloadable Game: Flower

And last peice of News is about the YoYoGames 5th Competition entries where there are lots of amazing stuff there here are some of them:

CowboyKilla
Extinction 3d
Zoo Escape 3d
Western Shootout
Zombie Movie
Flash Five
Crucial Challenge
RJSGT
StarLoad
They Need To Be Fed
Tetrex
Tower of Heaven

and there are more and more amazing stuff there go and check with yourself. Thats all what I got for now :) Sorry for long time abscence but I will try to be more active, But now time I will disappear again as I have midterm exams the next week wish to me good luck.

Bye Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment