Saturday 17 April 2010

FlashPunk Start :)

Hey All,
Last thursday(not yesterday the one before) I have finished my midterm exam so I and my graduation project team (Hello World! Team) decided to take thursday and friday off.

And today we are going to continue working on faculty projects so last friday I decided to start coding in FlashPunk so I followed the first tutorial and see a small example made by chevy ray (The one who made FlashPunk library).

I made a simple game based on that tutorial just a rocket moving in space where it is directed with the mouse and move with up arrow and when releasing it stops due to friction also there is some random enemies generated with simple AI just search and follow player if the player exists in his range of sight and try to follow the player
Also the player can fire using left mouse button.

Here is a link for the game, also here is the source code for the game.

Then afterwards I decided to start my first real project in FlashPunk which is :) PaceMaker Flash Version :) here are all questions that you may wondering about.

Why PaceMaker?
Because PaceMaker was the most successful game I had made till now (was featured on IndieGames Weblog and it make the highest number of gameplays in all my games)
Also I choosed it as I dlove to start flash programming with something easy (shooter)

When it will be finished?
I dont know as I am too busy and I work maximum on it just one hour every week maximum so It may take long time.

Why are you going to make Flash Games?
Because I want my games to be more distributable :) so larger variety of people can try it :) Also I want to make gaming is my full time career job so Flash Games will allows me to find sposor so I will get some cash out of that. So I can say I make too dreams come true :) I make my lovely games and at same time Its my job :)

Will PaceMaker be sponsored?
I hope so as I will be extending the gameplay make achievements. Make bosses besides the main scenario. So hoping it find sponsor on FGL :)

How far you have done in it?
Just right now I only finished rebuilding the main menu and credits menu and making the explosions :) take a look :) so as I said its far away from finishing soon :)



About the graphics from screenshots it looks that it will be same vector drawing is that true?
For now time thats will be the case unless if I find an artist helping me or I have spare time to make some art for it :)

About game Music how you will do it?
I think I will contact Heatex (an amazing musician on gamejolt) Hope he accept to make music for my game :)

About Hello World! game Hassan the artist he told me that he is good in platforming only and not in isometic so now I am still looking for artist for the game hope I can find one soon :S

Thats all for now :)

ByeBye

5 comments:

  1. قشطة يا معلم , ربنا معاك :] , والله انا زعلت لمّا عرفت انك مش مظبط مع حسن , ربنا يوفقك بقى :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too was so sorry :S Really I wanted him to be with me in the project but the problem is that he told me he is not good at all at isometric drawing and my project is isometric he told me he will try but since he is so busy by his "Thanwya" so I didnt want to draw something isometric will make him lose lots of time :)

    So he apologized for me and till now I can't find anyone to make for me arting for my GP project if you know some people whom are interested and can draw graphics like the ones in game called trickster with high quality tell me and Me and my team can spend about 400$ on graphics

    Hope u know somebody becz I am too busy to search and no one either on PixelJoint or on Pixelation replied on my post :S

    Which is so bad hope u can help me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice first FP game Amidos . Pace Maker waqs your first GJ contest entry , wasn't it ? Good stuff and good choice for a flash conversion . Looking forward to your flash games .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Alex :) yes it was my first GJ contest entry :)

    Waiting also for your JetPot FP too long wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JP FP is in Nathans hands now . Can't really do anything about it . May do something else later but I guess I'm gonna have to stick with what I know and that sadly is GM .

    ReplyDelete